Careers at PC-Doctor:
Collaboration, Creativity, Wellness and Fun
Since 1993, PC-Doctor, Inc. has provided the industry's best system health software to computer companies. Our culture fosters collaboration, creativity, and wellness–resulting in happy employees with higher-than-average tenure. Here you will work with smart, enthusiastic people in an environment that values both teamwork and independent thinking. Top-notch skills, a positive approach, a strong work ethic, and a sense of fun are essential traits to have on our teams.
As a previous recipient of the Technology Company of the Year award by Nevada's Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology, we invite you to read on to learn more about what makes our company special.
Reno is an amazing place to live, with a vibrant scene that offers plenty of activities for families, couples, singles, sports fans, history buffs, those who appreciate arts and music, and those who like to play in the great outdoors. Set in the spectacular backdrop of the Sierra Nevada, local activities include winter skiing at Mt. Rose, summer fun at Lake Tahoe, year-round hiking and more.
Start your career. Right here.
New position postings below!
Please note: If a position is not listed here, it is no longer available.
Location: Reno, NV (in-office position)
Position Type: Full-Time, non-exempt
Pay: Depending on knowledge, experience and level
- Perform comprehensive testing of PC-Doctor software releases
- Execute test cases, review test artifacts, and document defects
- Identify software defects and verify bug fixes
- Independently troubleshoot and reproduce issues, document results, determine root causes
- Review product requirements and documentation and write test cases
- Simulate hardware/software configuration issues
- Configure and maintain test environment (hardware, OS, applications and firmware updates)
- Manage hardware inventory and maintain lab equipment
- Research, recommend and implement process improvements
- Create well-written and comprehensive documentation
- Proactively and effectively communicate at all levels, internally and externally
- Other projects/responsibilities based on business needs and growth
- Additional responsibilities at Senior level
REQUIREMENTS: Candidates for consideration must meet all requirements listed in this section. Please ensure that your resume reflects your skills as related to these requirements, as only those candidates will be considered.
Technical degree and/or experience in computer technology, in any combination as follows:
- BS/BA degree, or
- AS/AA degree plus at least 6 months experience, or
- At least 1 year of experience
Professional experience (to be considered, please ensure your resume reflects knowledge of the following):
- Current, up-to-date computer hardware knowledge (from working to extensive, depending on level) to include:
- understanding of how components work together within a computer system
- how to configure firmware/software to work with hardware
- ways to differentiate between hardware and software problems
- how to root cause computer hardware problems to the component level
- Working-to-extensive knowledge of Windows, Linux or Android
- Increasing responsibility in prior role(s)
- General knowledge of QA testing methodologies and practices
- Commitment to quality and passion for technology
- Dedication to learning and ability to learn quickly
- Strong initiative, sense of responsibility, and ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work collaboratively and congenially
- Mobile devices
- RDBMS, SQL, and NoSQL databases
- Defect tracking systems and test case management
- Test automation tools (such as STAF, Selenium, TestComplete, Robotium, AppThwack)
- Programming: Python, PHP, VBScript, PowerShell, Linux shell scripting, batch files
- Virtualization (Vmware)
- Cloud computing technologies
When applying with us, just a few things to keep in mind:
- Only resumes submitted directly through our website will be considered.
- Ensure that your resume reflects your knowledge, experience and skills--particularly as they relate to the REQUIREMENTS, as only those candidates who meet these requirements will be considered. Further, candidates possessing PREFERRED knowledge and skills will be given preference.
- Please pick just one position for your submission, and submit your resume only once — no multiple submissions for multiple positions, please.
To be considered for this position, please submit resume.
Why start a career at PC-Doctor? In addition to our creative, collaborative environment...
We are healthy. PC-Doctor is designated a Fit-Friendly Company by the American Heart Association. We are also recognized as one of Nevada's Healthiest Places to Work. How did we get so healthy? We take the concept of "wellness for fun" seriously here! Activities such as indoor rock climbing, rollerskating, biking, trampolining, and our internal walking program are just a few ways we keep fit while keeping the fun factor. We care about our community, and participate in activities that help others. Our wellness and community activities, combined with daily ping-pong games, a breakroom stocked with healthy, delicious fare, and a supported work/life balance—all add up to one very healthy workplace.
PC-Doctor - Health in the Workplace Award
We have fun. We work hard and play hard. The PCD Wellness Team and Makers of Fun (MoFs) are always on the job, delivering enjoyable activities in and out of the office. Below are some of the events: some for wellness, some for community, and all for fun.
- Trail hiking for employees, families, and pets
- Skiing and snow boarding
- Food events
- Daily ping pong
- River rafting (floating)
- Indoor rock climbing
- Laser tag
- Corn maze fun
- Food drives
- Clothing and coat drives
- Company gatherings and festivities
Benefits that work for you. We offer an outstanding benefits package here at PC-Doctor. The company pays the majority of basic insurance premiums for each full-time employee. Employees are eligible the first of the month after hire date, and may include dependent coverage. Premiums are deducted on a pre-tax basis.
- Health Medical Coverage
- Choice of HMO or PPO plans
- Dental Insurance
- Includes preventive, basic, major and orthodontic coverage.
- Vision Care
- Benefits include eye examinations, lenses, frames or contact lenses.
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Replaces part of your income if you become disabled due to sickness or injury.
- Additional Benefits Available
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Relocation Assistance
- Professional Development
Chris Hill, Art Director
"I started working at PC-Doctor in 2003—wow, where does the time go?! This is the most gratifying position I've held—ever. As the Art Director, I've enjoyed being part of the journey as business continues to grow and expand. This expansion means I get to work with some of the largest PC OEMs in the industry, designing user interfaces for products that will be used by millions!
As one of the original members of the Makers of Fun (MoF) team I've had the opportunity to promote fun activities in the work place and beyond, organizing camping trips, annual ping pong tournaments, and more. All the while, I work with some of the brightest professionals in the industry and in one of the tightest teams one could imagine. We truly work hard and play hard."
Kim McKay, Senior Sales Account Manager, Enterprise Sales
"I joined PC-Doctor in 2003, seeking a company culture that embraces and demands personal growth, innovation, and global impact. As the industry leader in hardware diagnostic tools, we have cultivated a family-like atmosphere, while creating cutting edge technology and solutions that make a real difference in the world. As a team, we all support each other, which enables us to do great things. The camaraderie and talent at PC-Doctor is truly unmatched."
Atsushi Kimura, Sales Support Engineer
"Japanese localization is a challenging job. Unfortunately, there is no way to explain how challenging it is to someone who has not experienced it. There is a significant difference between translation and localization in Japanese. Japanese localized products can range from very bad quality translated products to achieving high a standard of excellence in the localized product. At PC-Doctor Japan, I am learning to work with self discipline and to enjoy and share professionalism. In a sense, I can say that we are practicing the spirit of "Bushi-do" at our Japan office, and I'm loving it."
Mohidul Saad, Senior Software Engineer
"I have been with PC-Doctor since 1999. There has never been a dull moment. Everyday we are challenged with intellectually stimulating issues. It's a great feeling to work for a company that is the industry leader. PC-Doctor does provide a great work environment to learn and grow. Each member is a true professional. It's a joy and great pleasure to work with each member of the PC-Doctor team. As a developer, I would not work anywhere else."
Welcome to Reno, Nevada!
PC-Doctor is headquartered in Reno, Nevada because it provides an excellent business climate for the company, and it’s an ideal place for our employees to live and prosper.
Reno has consistently ranked in the Top 100 Best Places to Live by Livability.com, a national website that ranks quality of life amenities of America's small and mid-sized cities: https://livability.com/nv/reno.
Located at 39.530895° N, 119.814972° W, the climate offers over 250 beautiful sunny days a year, and you can hike, bike, snowboard, and rock climb all in your backyard. Shielded by the nearby Sierra Nevada mountains, Reno residents enjoy a comfortable climate with little rain and low humidity. Excellent winter skiing is available only 30 minutes from our office.
Many companies are recognizing the advantages of doing business here, and Reno is quickly becoming a hub for technology firms due to its strong infrastructure and a favorable tax and business climate. For more information on the Reno area, visit http://www.thechambernv.org/renosparks.html.