Senior Manager of Enterprise Accounts & Solutions
+1 (775) 232-7411
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PC-Doctor Founder Aki Korhonen Honored as Entrepreneur of 2008
RENO, Nev. (Oct 27, 2008) – PC-Doctor founder Aki Korhonen is the first recipient of Nevada's Center for Entrepreneurship and Technology (NCET) Entrepreneur of the Year award. He and other inaugural award winners were honored at an Oct. 21 reception following the Silver and Gold Venture Capital Conference.
Founded in 1993 in Emeryville, Calif., PC-Doctor Inc. moved to Reno in 2003. Since then, the company has emerged as the category leader in the small but essential niche of PC hardware diagnostics. The company's software products and technologies are used by the world's largest PC manufacturers to deliver the high-quality products that consumers and businesses demand. Additionally, PC-Doctor's expertise is sought out by technology leaders such as Microsoft and Intel as they build out new capabilities.
Today, the company employs more than 60 highly skilled people – more than double the number employed when the company first moved to Reno.
Other honorees included:
- Technology Company of the Year: Server Technology of Reno, which manufactures power-distribution units.
- Technology Start-up: Diigo.com, a Reno company that has developed social bookmarking technology.
- Green Companies of the Year: Dream Weaver Marketing of Reno, creator of a reusable grocery bag, and Itronics Inc., which recycles photochemical wastes into fertilizer.
- CIO/CTO of the Year: Jack Dawson of IQ Systems Inc., a Reno company that provides system integration and network services.
- Technology Educator of the Year: Christopher Simon, an assistant professor of political science at the University of Nevada, Reno, who has researched the political and technical perspectives of renewable energy.
In addition to NCET, the awards are sponsored by the Nevada Commission on Economic Development, the Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada and Northern Nevada Business Weekly.
Founded in 1993, PC-Doctor, Inc. is the global leader in PC and Android system health, and contextual messaging — offering the most comprehensive set of diagnostic, system information and software tools available. Our system health products optimize product quality, support, and service for the computer user, generating demonstrable savings for our customers. Several of the world's largest PC manufacturers are our clients, and they load tens of millions of copies of our software on their systems every year. For more information about PC-Doctor and its products, visit www.pc-doctor.com or call (866) 289-7237. International customers should call (775) 336-4000.
© 2023 PC-Doctor, Inc. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. PC-Doctor is a trademark of PC-Doctor, Inc., Reno, NV.
All PC-Doctor products are protected by one or more of the following patents: 6,742,148; 6,792,562; 6,829,726; 7,036,129; 7,139,954; 7,155,645; 7,356,744. Other patents pending. All other brand and product names are registered trademarks, trademarks or servicemarks of their respective holders and are gratefully acknowledged. Product specifications subject to change without notice.