Test failures can have many causes. Before contacting the manufacturer of your computer or removing failed parts, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Check the test log. The log usually contains useful information about the test failure.
- Run the test again. Can the failure be duplicated?
- Power off the system and run the test again. In DOS, try a clean boot (no memory manager loaded).
- If the test fails in Windows and you have PC-Doctor Service Center, restart the system using the PC-Doctor self-booting diskette and run the test in DOS.
- Confirm that the device is present on the system and that the device is configured properly.
You can learn about PC hardware troubleshooting from books published on the topic that are available from all major bookstores.