If your Multipurpose USB Device has been corrupted or offline Service Center diagnostics are not available, you can recover it by running the Multipurpose USB Device Restore Tool from the Service Center Diagnostics DVD.
To restore your MUD, from a Windows machine, do the following:
- Insert the Service Center Diagnostics DVD into the PC's DVD drive
- Select the "Auto Run" option if it appears or open up File Explorer and choose the PC-Doctor Service Center DVD
- Double click "Setup.exe"
- Click the box for "I accept the Terms & Conditions"
- Choose the "Multipurpose USB Device Restore Tool"
- Insert the defective MUD into an available USB port
- Click the OK button to begin the restore process
Restoring a Service Center MUD with an unsupported version of Service Center will render the MUD unusable. A Service Center Multipurpose USB Device can only be restored using:
- A Service Center Diagnostics DVD of the same Service Center version originally installed on the MUD
- A Service Center Diagnostics DVD of the next Service Center version up from the original version
For example, a Service Center 12 MUD
can be restored using the Diagnostics DVD for Service Center 12 or
Service Center 13.